Perfect roast chicken – Marcus Wareing
The best roast chicken recipe nominated by Alain Ducasse is by his Grandma Jeanne for roast chicken, as featured in The Observer’s Top 50 favourite recipes. Jill Dupleix recommends Simon Hopkinson’s recipe for Lemon roast chicken.
Look for an organic free-range chicken for the best flavour. If you can get one – the best type of chicken to use are poulet de Bresse for their succulent meat, although more popular in France.
Laukie Werle – in ‘Loukie’s Kitchen‘ cookbook writes there are four steps to a perfect roast chicken:
- remove chicken from the fridge 1 hour before cooking
- a size 15-16 (1.5-1.6kg) chicken always takes 1 hour and 20 minutes in a preheated 190C (170C fan) oven, whether plain roasted or stuffed.
- always rest chicken after roasting for 15-20 minutes before carving
- don’t turn or baste chicken while roasting
Skye Gyngell recommends serving mashed potato and green beans in summer. She serves roast pumpkin with red onions and sweet potatoes or fennel slices in winter.
- Foolproof slow roast chicken – BBC Good Food
- How to carve chicken and How to roast chicken with step by step illustrated instructions – Delia Smith
- How to make the perfect roast chicken – Silvana Franco
- How to roast the perfect chicken – Michelle Southan
- Perfect roast chicken – Jamie Oliver, Jamie’s Food Revolution aka ‘Jamie’s Ministry of Food’
- The perfect roast chicken – Felicity Cloake
- Quick roast chicken video – Stefano de Pieri
- Roast chicken with potato, fennel and tarragon sauce video – Emma Knowles
- French roast chicken dinner – Margaret Fulton
- Roast chicken with potatoes (Pollo al Forno con Patate) – Antonio Carluccio
- Roast tarragon chicken – Damien Pignolet
- Super tasty Spanish roast chicken – Jamie Oliver, Jamie’s Dinners